Frameless Glazing Installation
The installation on a new orangerie, the client expressed in the design that they required large expanses of glass to observe the views of the surrounding country side with little frame being shown and structural silicone joints between the glass panels.
The installation consists of powered coated thermally broken aluminium window outer frame and sliding door systems and bespoke wooden sub structure.
The design was manufactured around the clients request for frameless joints between glass panels and corner section. The installation was to expose the sub structure of the wooden framing set inside the building with in mind of low maintenance in the future.
- Thermally broken aluminium profile system
- Polyester powder coated profile to 80 microns marine enviroment coating Ral: Matt Black
- Insulated glass units with a high performance Low E coated glass with gas filled cavity achieving 1.2 U-value
- Glazing conforms to British and European highest Standards BS EN 6399 part 1 Section C3 for impact safety and wind loadings.
- Structural silicone joints Dow Cornings 895 Black structural silicone
- Timber wooden sub structure Douglas ferr wood, coated in clear Sikins preservative.